Brooklyn, NY 11217
Salary: USD 95000.00-110000.00 Per Year
Salary: $95,000 – $110,000
Different perspectives make us better. We’re committed to creating an equal opportunity and fair treatment environment, where learning and growing together is just part of our every day. An environment where you can be your authentic self.
The disruptor in defining the sports and entertainment hospitality experience, Levy is recognized as the market leader and most critically acclaimed hospitality company in its industry. Twice named one of the 10 most innovative companies in sports by Fast Company magazine and one of the top three Best Employers for Diversity in America by Forbes, Levy’s diverse portfolio includes award-winning restaurants; iconic sports and entertainment venues, zoos and cultural institutions, theaters, and convention centers; as well as the Super Bowl, Grammy Awards, US Open Tennis Tournament, Kentucky Derby, and NHL, MLB, NBA, NFL, and MLS All-Star Games.
As an Area Purchasing & Supply Chain Director, you’ll partner with the rest of the management teams from locations within one of our major markets to source, purchase and manage the best quality, cost effective products to delight our guests. This role will be based at one of our marquee locations but overseeing purchasing and supply chain activities for the market.
* Leading all location level facets of buying, warehouse management, payables adherence and inventory control * Working with the operations and culinary teams to achieve budget and performance goals * Proactively manage vendors * Maximizing the utilization of Levy’s purchasing and supply chain system * Oversee and mentor junior purchasing team members within each market
* Working with the Home Office to set up new vendors as needed – ensuring they meet all necessary insurance and safety standards
* Overseeing the regular completion and rotation of inventory
* Working with the culinary and operations team to maximize compliance with Levy’s Managed Order Guide
* Ensuring the timely placing of orders
* Management of order delivery schedule and pricing list
* Conducting inventory on a regular basis to minimize loss
* Management and checking of deliveries to ensure accurate and safe delivery
* Overseeing product storage and rotation
* Completion of annual performance and mid-term reviews for on-site purchasing teams
* Managing hiring processes for team members
* Holding pre-shift meetings with the purchasing team
* Managing product transfers and requisition sheets to ensure accurate tracking of product
* Processing Concur actions
* Ensuring accurate keying of invoices
* Leading the management and maintenance of all Birchstreet processes and data
* Working with partners on sponsorship deals to ensure a win-win outcome for both Levy and the partner
* Working with culinary and operations teams to optimize cost of goods
* Forecasting items with vendors
* Identifying slow and dead stock items, working with culinary and operations teams to address the issue
* Working with operations teams loading of product to locations
* Providing opportunity buys for new menu items
Skills and Experience
* 5+ years in a Purchasing/Supply Chain role
* High level of computer literacy
* Passion for hospitality, food, and retail
* Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills * Operational experience in food and beverage is preferred
Curious about Life at Levy? Check it out: Levy Culture
Positions at this location may require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this account may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Levy is a member of Compass Group USA. Compass Group/Levy is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass/Levy, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
At Levy, team = family. And we’ll always take care of family, learn more about Levy benefits offered.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Time Off Plan
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1143708