All Job detail
Managing the clinics reception area, appointments, recording and maintaining the clinic’s medical records, and other clerical duties as assigned as well as answering the patients calls.
- Deal with the visitors/patients’ inquiries either via the phone or face to face.
- Guide patients and visitors to the relevant areas / clinics.
- Manage patient access to required clinics.
- Cover other clinical receptionist’s designated clinics in time of vacation or other absence.
- Call the research participants as directed.
- Receive and track all patients’ request with weekly audit report including the late response and be sure that all patients’ requests are replied with in two weeks.
- Act as the DDI receptionist in time of vacation, during break time, or other absence.
- Answer all calls attend to the operator and direct them to the right path.
- Be aware of all DDI activities/ events to have the answer for public/ patients if they ask.
- Open patient’s files and complete registration process (Personal Patients Cards, Index Cards, personal patient data) through the Institute’s appointment / medical records software application.
- Ensure all files of patients with future appointments are complete and up to date (scan ID, PACI, face sheet and consent and civil ID).
- Scan, audit and sorting the manual files and the filling room.
- Ensure all assigned clinics appointments are confirmed, filling the empty slots, and checking the required clinical procedures. Audit the clinical preparation process for the assigned clinics.
- Check-in patients as soon as shown in the clinic reception and performing the cashiering tasks and the insurance claims according to DDI policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all patients’ insurance claims audited and scanned before submitted to the insurance clerk on daily basis.
- Ensure that all insurance transactions are audited and scanned before preparing the weekly submission report to the finance department. Also, for the resubmission process in case if required.
- Investigate the no-show’s patients on daily basis and preparing the no show report for the assigned clinics.
- Prepare patient folders for newly admitted patients, assembling records into standard order.
- Ensure that all relevant patient folders are available for appointment at clinics, obtaining the signature of the nurse receiving the folders.
- Compiles statistical data for each clinic daily / monthly yearly to show number of new patients, follow-up patients, no-show patients and waiting lists for new referrals and follow-up clinics.
- Apply the ‘out guide’ and ‘medical requisition form’ booking system when receiving patient records from, or when returning them to, the medical records filing room or when receiving patient folders from other clinics.
- Prepare clinical appointment lists and other patient information requests, as required by DDI clinical staff
- Prepare clinical medical forms, by adding patient information, prior to the patient’s appointment.
- Receives patient folders from clinical nurses, ensuring new records are scanned and entered in the standard order and are correctly stamped and signed.
- Return patient records to the medical records filing room, filing the patient folders in accordance with filing system of the medical records filing room.
- Provide information of a general nature to authorized requestors.
- Maintain confidentiality, security and access control for records.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Bilingual (Arabic and English)
- A pro-active approach and good communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned tasks
- Ability to work in a team environment and be able to interact effectively with staff members
- Familiarity with the use of computer and other department’s equipment
Two-years diploma program or bachelor’s degree.