Organization Name: Oman Air
Location: Muscat, Oman
Oman Air (WY), the national airline of the Sultanate of Oman, began its operations in 1993. Initially founded to serve key domestic routes, it has since undergone rapid growth and is today recognized as a major international carrier connecting cities around the world to Oman’s spectacular natural beauty, captivating charm and genuine openness. A Five-Star COVID-19 Airline Safety Rating from Skytrax and two consecutive (2021 and 2022) Five-Star Major Airline Ratings from the Airline Passenger Experience Association (APEX) are among its many industry accolades.
The airline has played a vital role in transforming Muscat into an important traffic hub in the Middle East, supporting adjacent commercial, industrial and tourism activities. With a fleet comprising ultra-modern, fuel-efficient aircraft that feature luxuriously appointed interiors, Oman Air is renowned for its exceptional products and services, both in the air and on the ground, and for the signature Omani hospitality available to guests on every flight.
Ongoing investments in new technologies, innovative products and enhanced guest services have solidified its position as a premium, multi-award-winning airline of outstanding repute. Both Oman Air and Oman Air Holidays proudly display the Safe Travels stamp from the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) for best practices relating to standardized global health and hygiene protocols.
Vacancy Name: Sales Associate – Aeropostale
Full Job description:
Officer – Flight Dispatch
Bachelor degree in any discipline with 2 years of relevant experience.
OR Diploma holder in any discipline with 4 years of relevant experience.
OR Flight Dispatcher License or certificate with Secondary School Certificate having relevant years of experience of 8 years.
- Preferring the Qualification in Aviation
LICENSES REQUIRED: Flight Dispatcher Certificate / License / ETOPS Qualified.
Proficient in English (Spoken and written)
Proficient in MS Office
High degree of operational management skills.
High degree of resource planning skills; e.g. short, medium term
As Mentioned in the Qualifications area
Production, amendment, and issue of all Flight Documentation required for the safe and efficient operation of Company aircraft.
2. Comprehensively analyses the possible effects of the weather on the route to be flown in the light of meteorological reports and forecast for the destination and alternate aerodromes in order to ensure that the PIC gets the recent weather forecast report.
3.Confirm on possible route/ alternative routes which may be flown safely and in accordance with airline policies and procedures in case of unexpected disruptions.
4. Collect recent data on aerodrome facilities, ATC and communications procedures, NOTAM, runway conditions, search and rescue facilities, MEL/CDL affecting aircraft performance and other information likely to affect the flight operations and prepare Operational Flight Plan in accordance with operational procedures, ATC regulations and instructions of source and destination stations to be flown.
5. Assist PIC in the preparation of a flight with all details pertaining to the proposed flight which includes Operational Flight Plans, Weather Reports, and NOTAM’s, airway routing, fuel requirements and other related information.
6. Selection of nearest suitable destination alternates to maximize payload and reduce fuel cost.
7. Provide the Commander with all available current reports or information on aerodrome conditions and irregularities of navigation facilities that may affect the safety of the flight.8. Prepare route analysis plan and operational flight plan and bring the potential factors that might affect the choice of route to the PIC’s attention and exercise joint decision making to find the best route.
8. Prepare and file ATC flight plan with the appropriate ATS units.
9. Monitoring Oman Air flights within Europe using the CFMU program. Checking ATC slots, FPL status, and potential or actual delays.
10. Maintaining an up to date aircraft status records of MEL/CDL for company aircraft and provide applicable MEL/CDL references to the Operating Pilots.
11. Furnish the PIC while in flight by appropriate means with information which may be necessary for the safe conduct of flight.
12. Maintaining continuous Aircraft Tracking and taking suitable actions as necessary
13. Notify the appropriate ATS unit when the position of the aeroplane cannot be determined by an aircraft tracking capability and attempts to establish communication are unsuccessful.
14. Communicate proactively to the Officer Operations control any airspace, routing, Meteorological or NOTAM issue that might affect the operation of a flight.
15. Coordinating with Duty Manager Operations Control about re-routing and delays to aircraft in the event of adverse weather, technical problems etc. When necessary, re-planning of routes to ensure delays are minimized.
16. Ensuring that any information concerning an emergency situation that endangers the safety of an aircraft or persons is immediately passed to Duty Manager Operations Control Centre, who is responsible for implementing the company Emergency Response Plan. When requested, supplying Flight Plan supplementary information and DGR Notification to ERC and appropriate agencies.
17. In case of any emergency or aircraft accident/incident; assist Duty Manager IOCC in notifying all concerned departments and ERC members as per Emergency Response Plan (ERP) checklist and assist Emergency Response Centre (ERC),
18. In the event of an emergency or aircraft accident / incident initiate such procedures as outline in the Operations Manual while avoiding taking any action that would conflict with ATC procedures.
Qualifications details: Not Mention